Monday, December 7, 2020

12 Days of Christmas, Day 4

 


Day 4

This year I feel more Grinchy than Cindy Lou Who-ish.... often muttering " I must find some way to stop Christmas from coming.... is Christmas coming?" I'm just crabby about limited to no gatherings so it's not feeling like Christmas. No Christmas parties.... no snow on the ground, it melted a couple weeks ago. Boo hoo hoo hoo..... Hubby and I took the dogs walking last night and enjoyed the Christmas lights. That was fun and felt normal. I've been doing a lot of online shopping and have to admit it's nice, but I do miss walking the mall and listening to Christmas carols. I'm going to unpack some more decorations today, maybe I'll come across my Christmas spirit somewhere among the decorations.

 The free pattern can be found on my website.   There's a little bit of Grinch in all of us. Remember... "The Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day!" We all find the joy in the season, it's just taking me a little longer this year.
Instead of cutting one 7"x10" piece for the front like I wrote in my pattern.  I pieced together a few left over strips to create the front of my mug rug.

Here I have all of my Grinch pieces lined up and ready to be ironed.  Remember it will be a 'mirror' image from the pieces that you traced onto your heat n bond.

I am sewing on the binding onto my mug rug.  Notice that instead of doing a blanket stitch around my applique pieces.  I used invisible thread and 'quilted' a scant 1/8" from the edge  to secure my design.

All ready to sew on the eyes and nose and hand stitch my binding... almost done!

The Grinch!

Isn't it adorable!  Especially with the Cindy Lou Who Mug
that my sister gave me for Christmas!

I hope that you have fun with my version of the Grinch. I have a few kits available, email me and I can send a paypal invoice if you  would like one or two. They are $8.00 plus shipping.  I'm going to go pull out the Christmas tree and work on decorating it. It'll brighten up the house. I've got plenty of gifts to wrap to put under the tree.

Happy quilting!
Cindy and Belvedere

2 comments: