Sunday, December 6, 2020

12 Days of Christmas, Day 3

 


Day 3

Welcome to the third day of Quilt Doodles 12 Days of Christmas. During the next 12 days I will share with you some fun, quick and easy projects and recipes for those last minute Christmas gifts and gatherings. Let's have some Christmas stitching fun!

I just never have enough tea towels on hand. I love displaying them around the house. I tuck them in bowls, hang them on cabinets and use them as a go to for hostess gifts. Todays project is a quick a easy one! I promise! It's an adorable
Candy Cane Snowman!
All you need is a couple of hours and some scrap fabric. The trick to this sweet design is the striped red and white fabric for the candy cane. Any red, white and green fabric will do. In fact, any striped fabric. Have you checked out the grocery store lately for candy canes. There's a kazillion flavors and colors now! Candy canes aren't just red and white anymore.

The time saver to this project is the red and white striped fabric!

All my fabric pieces are cut out and ironed onto my tea towel.

Instead of stitching with my usual dark brown thread, I used white. I like how the light edge brightened up the design.

I was lazy the evening I worked on this project. Did you know that some sewing machines have a French knot stitch. I used it to make the snowman's eyes and mouth. It was a time saver. Check to see if your machine makes little French knots. It sure is handy to make snowman faces! I used my applique scissors to clip all the threads.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltdoodledesigns
~Candy Cane Snowman~


I hope that you enjoy today's pattern. It truly is a quick project to make. This is also a great design for a beginner appliquer.

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

No comments:

Post a Comment