Sunday, December 13, 2020

12 Days of Christmas, Day 10



Day 10

For day 10, I have an adorable mini quilt! It's called Snowman Delivery and features Belvedere taking the snowmen on ride in grandpa's red truck. He's at it again sneaking off the farm with grandpa's truck. I'm sure he's just taking his friends out to see some Christmas lights. What's great about this new mini quilt is that you can leave it on display all winter long. It took me an afternoon to make. I sat and stitched listening to some Christmas music drinking my peppermint latte. It was a very relaxing afternoon. This mini quilt would also make a great gift for your snowman loving friends. Let me show you how I put it together.

Following the pattern directions I traced the applique shapes onto my fusible web and ironed it onto the backside of the fabric.

I then cut all the shapes out.

Following the placement sheet I ironed everything in to place.

Normally I sew a buttonhole stitch around all of the shapes but I tried something different this time. I sewed a straight stitch close to the edge of each shape. I used white thread around the snowmen and a brown thread for everything else.

Following the pattern directions, I added on the cream border and then the pieced border.

All ready to layer with my backing and batting!

I'm using pearl cotton to stitch the snowman smiles and eyes with French knots. I stitched the snowman arms with a backstitch.

I'm in love with the little snowman that's holding on! So cute!!

~ Snowman Delivery ~

I hope that you enjoy todays project. Snowman Delivery can be found on the website and also in the Quilt Doodle Etsy shop, as a packaged pattern or instant PDF download. There's still time to make this adorable project. It can be used as a mini quilt on display on a table or hung on a wall. It's great for gift giving too!

Happy quilting
Cindy and Belvedere

No comments:

Post a Comment