Friday, April 10, 2020

Wrapping Up the Quarantine QAL

It's been a busy week, I've made another batch of face masks that have been delivered to our local hospital. I dropped three quilts off to a friend to be quilted. I'm happy to say they are all for me. I've had time to finish some UFO's up and re-evaluate my fabric stash. Using fabric from what I have has been fun and I enjoyed making the Quick 3 day QAL project.  I want to say....
 
to everyone who participated in my quick 3 day QAL. Here are a couple of pictures of some of the quilts that were completed.

Selina Quilts made this one. I love the green mixed with the dark... lovely!

Jesskeepsewing made this one and I'm smittened with the pink sashing.
Here's mine... I used batiks from my batik bin with a white sashing. I'm very pleased with it.
For the backing I tried something different. I had a large stack of Mayowood Studio flannels that I've had been saving for years. So I decided to use them for the backing on this quilt. The colors were perfect for the backing.
So as you can see, I sewed them all together and made a backing for my quilt. I needed a little more width and length so that Stacy could machine quilt it. So I had some black and gray flannel. I now have a modern backing. I'm excited because I will have a 'two' sided quilt! This was pretty risky for me! I'm used to using just one fabric on the back. I think it'll be so fun when it's finished. I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it's done.
I had a little giveaway for my QAL. 
Congratulations!
Selinaquilts
I've messaged you thru Instagram, you won a festive holiday fat quarter bundle!

Having time dedicated to isolating at home has given be extra time to sew and dig thru my studio. Work on some UFO's, start some new ones, design some new ideas etc. I went thru my fabric about a year ago and donated a bunch of it to a local guild. I'm thinking it's time to do that again. I want to take some time to go thru and straighten my studio space. It used to be a huge room, but a lot of it has been swallowed up by shelving and boxes. A good spring cleaning is due. A designer friend suggested we all do studio/sewing room tours and post them on Instagram and Facebook. I think its a wonderful idea but thought "OMG..... my room could be featured on hoarders right now..... there's nothing cute about it!" I'm planning on posting before and after pics along with the tour. I live in the real world where creativity is messy.... lol..... 

I hope you have a wonderful Friday.
Happy quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

No comments:

Post a Comment