Saturday, September 8, 2018

Minnesota Winter Wonderland QAL - September


I know, I know, it's another tree, an 'Evergreen Tree'. I hope you don't mind another tree but I can't have a forest unless there are a few trees. I hope to someday have a cabin in the woods next to a lake, doesn't that sound wonderful. A quiet place to go with no traffic noise. A place to listen to the birds sing... Belvedere would love a place to run and chase balls. This month's block is the final block for the center section. It's a cabin in the woods.  I hope that you have fun with this month's section. In the pattern there are extra embellishments. A deer, snowman, wreath etc.  This way you can make your cabin your own!
 Again, everything is based on 2 1/2" squares, you will want to try to match this block with how you did the other blocks in this section so that it all goes together. Let me show you how I completed this month's block.

Following the pattern I cut out all of my 2 1/2" blocks, 2 1/2" strips etc.
Here I am sewing my triangle squares to form the
evergreen tree. I am sewing corner to corner on my paired
2 1/2" blue and green blocks.
I find it easier to sew the sections of the block
together if I have it all laid out by my sewing machine.
Sewing the blocks all together...
'Evergreen Tree'
 If you blog about it, please email me a link so that I can attach it to the Pinterest Board I have going for the Minnesota Winter Wonderland QAL. I hope you have fun with this section of the mystery quilt. It can easily be done in a weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's trees! Post those pictures to Instagram and tag me @quiltdoodledesigns and use the hashtag, quiltdoodledesignsqal. As you can see with the quilt layout that the quilt is coming along nicely. There's only one section left and then it's time to put everything together and have some fun quilting and embellishing this quilt. If you haven't yet started and want to join in on the fun, it's not too late. You'll have to do some marathon sewing but you can catch up! The pattern can be found here. I'll present the final section October 13th. Mark your calendars, I hope that you can join me.

Happy Quilting,
Cindy and Belvedere

No comments:

Post a Comment