Thursday, September 3, 2015

Quilt Retreat!

Laura made this adorable cake!
The end of summer is marked with our visit to Cozy Home Stitches for quilt retreat. I love the time that I spend there. It's always so relaxing.... I get to sleep in if I want to, someone else is cooking, I get to work on projects without interruption and there is always lots of laughter. Love going on retreat.... I usually come back with tons done. But this is the first time I feel like I didn't get much done. No finished projects... not one.... Mom had the same dilemma, her quilt wasn't going together well and there was frustration in her corner of the world. This is unusual for mom, she usually goes home with several quilt tops done! Laura was very productive! I have her awesome projects to share... 

Laura made this lovely wedding quilt... (I drew up
the wedding couple for her) This is going to be such a
beautiful gift... She also got it machine quilted at retreat!
Colleen shared with us this beautiful quilt.
The picture just doesn't do it justice. It is phenomenal!
It won reserve champion at the county fair, which is insane...
It should have won Grand Champion!

Colleen's stitches are perfect and beautiful!
Mom is sewing away.....

This is what I accomplished at retreat.... seven Dear Jane blocks....
Laura made this cute bag, I like how she 'shadow' quilted a hexie design.
 Our next retreat is over MEA weekend at mom's house. I hope to be more productive! But I guess it's not all about what you get done. It's also about relaxing and enjoying being in the company of friends and family.

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment