Saturday, May 16, 2015

Degradation


Every so often, I have to run to the quilt shop in search of fabric that will work with my block. This was one of those times. I ran to a local shop and picked out the red fabric that I have pictured below. If you saw how much Civil War repo fabric I have you would laugh and think, ' you must have something that will work'! Nope not this time.....

 The block I'm showing you today is called 'Degradation'. In this passage Emma writes in her diary...

"One o'clock p.m. - Well, they are here. I was sitting in the back paror when I heard the shouting of the troops. I was at the front door in a moment. Jane came running and crying..."

Emma Florence LeConte Furman

I like the florals I have picked out for this block.
I cut my fabric down into smaller manageable pieces
to work with for paper piecing.
 
Degradation
February 17,1864
Have a wonderful week! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'Poor Columbia' out of Rosemary's book next.
Hope that you have a great weekend! 
Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment