Saturday, January 22, 2011

Civil War Saturday and a Mug Mat...

Last night was the Friday Night Sew In with Heidi... I worked on a snowman mug mat that I have had drawn up since Christmas.  Which I guess is fitting since we will be celebrating a be-lated Christmas with my in-laws next weekend.  (Then the Christmas wrapping paper box can go back in the closet!)  I'm in love with my mug mat and can't wait to put it on my desk at school on Tuesday.  It will be so cute!  I will be offering the pattern for it on my Etsy site... it will be a PDF downloadable pattern.


 
Today is Civil War Saturday and I will be working on two blocks from Rosemary Youngs book, The Civil War Diary Quilt... 'Rachel's Frustrations'and 'Special Blessings'.  I invite you to join me as I work on this special quilt.  It's early in my journey... I will be posting how I completed these two blocks tomorrow since last night was the FNSI for this month.

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. My quilt guild is working on a mug rug swap in February - thus, I will be working on my first mug rug this week. Great job with your FNSI.


    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman mug rug/mat! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a productive FNSI. Cute mug rug.

    ReplyDelete