Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Llamas!


We've had some really cold days here in Minnesota, but I guess it's typical weather for us. I've been moping since my oven has died and I have been unable to bake. I love warming the house up with the smells of fresh baked goods! I've been craving Tri-level Brownies. My absolute favorite brownie recipe! I've been making these since 1983 when I first was given a Better Homes and Gardens Cookie book by my grandparents. There are so many wonderful recipes in this book, and I have been missing baking lately. I've been told my stove will arrive February 15th.... after Valentine's Day. (I've been without my stove since December 26th) We certainly won't starve since I still have a microwave, instant pot and a number of other kitchen gadgets. 



I have a niece who is in love with llama's, so I certainly had her in mind when I drew this design up. My dad- way back in the day worked for the Llama Registry in Minnesota after he retired. He loved it, he also worked with my sister there. Another reason why he loved working at the registry! I thought of the sweet memories and stories he'd share when I stitched this up. It's a fun design to make. I was able to get it done in an afternoon. I made my llama's white and cream, but you can have fun and make yours any color combo! There are so many different types and colorings for llamas.

Something I wanted to share that is a little different then I normally do is, instead of sewing with brown or black thread. I used a cream/tan variegated cotton thread for a softer edge on the design. I really like how it turned out.



I hope that you have fun with this pattern. I sure had fun making it. I have PDF patterns available in my Etsy shop and also on the Quilt Doodle website.  It is a great project to work on for Valentine's Day. Well, I hope that you enjoy the recipe!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment