Friday, December 29, 2023

2024 Snowman Forest BOM!

 


It's time to get ready for another BOM starting January 1st! I am encouraging you to use your fabric stash for this project. Listed below are the fabric requirements... it's a guideline for you to go thru your fabric stash.... do you have a ton of fat quarters? These will work well for this project. Do the snowmen look familiar? This quilt is a spin off from a quilt design from several years ago.... This project will be a great skill builder... It's mostly pieced with a little applique. The carrot noses for the snowmen will be appliqued. The eyes and mouth can either be done by adding buttons or yo-yos, but that will come later on. The trees can all be the same, or all made scrappy. Again, I am encouraging you to use your fabric stash, I know that I will be for my quilt. The quilt will feature a group of snowmen with scrappy hats. This finished measurement for the quilt is 57" x 69".

Fabric Requirements
Blue background fabric- 2 yards
white fabric (snowman faces) - 1/2 yard
green (trees) - 3/4 yard
pieced border - red- 3/4-yard, pink - 1/2-yard, light green- 1/2-yard, light blue- 3/4-yard
orange- snowman noses
scrappy hats- 10 plus fat quarters or a combination of fat quarters and fat eights in a variety of colors such as red, blue, yellow, pink, green purple

Tell your friends! Spread the word! Post the button on your blog!

See you on the first,
Cindy and Josephine

Grandbaby and I




4 comments:

  1. Thanks - Oh I do love Snowmen - just wish it would snow!!!!!! (Chicago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I do the snowman faces be made with a charm pack. 1/2 yard seems to be 24 - 5" squares. If they are they all 5" faces it seems I would be good. I ask because I have a white charm pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am reading something wrong: 13 snowman faces and we are doing #1 and #2? Did I confuse myself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I confused myself with not reading the full cutting instructions thinking it was 5" square. Also because I didn't read it all well I did not see we were cutting 13 snowman faces. I am thinking the hats are going to be different styles (these are styles 1&2 of the hats?) and this is just letting us know what to cut for all snowmen? I am now confused too.

    ReplyDelete