Wednesday, September 20, 2023

It's a Dog's Life!

If you follow me, you know that I love dogs. I wish they could live forever. They are sweet, loyal, great listeners and great walking companions. I am particularly fond of Basset Hounds, shhhh, don't tell sweet Lola, my grand puppy. (I love Huskies too) My Josephine is a sweet girl and turning out to be a sweet companion. I didn't know at first, she was a wild puppy with no fear. My last basset, Belvedere was a bit of a scaredy-pants. Josephine is also half Billy goat, she climbs everything! It's common to find her on top of chairs and couches to get a better view outside. I shouldn't be surprised, her mom liked to climb on top of the kitchen table. I saw the pictures! Josephine is also a counter cruiser, which is new to me. None of my dogs have been counter cruisers.... I have upped my keep the counters clean game. She's a challenge but I can overlook all that because she is the best snuggler and hangs out with me on the weekends (snuggled on my lap) as I watch football or the Hallmark channel. She also watches out for me and lets me know when it's bedtime. Somehow, she knows when I need to get to bed for my full eight hours. I love her so. She's a wild one and I wouldn't have her any other way. 

When I'm designing, I tell Josephine, 'Let's go to work' and she runs into my office and jumps up on the daybed and sleeps. When I'm done, she's all ready to play and do her zoomies around the house. Her favorite thing is going to the dog park or walking trails at a state park. She's not fond of walking the neighborhood, but give her an unpaved trail or rocky shore and she's all in. 

This is a sweet mini quilt I made to look like Joesphine. The pattern comes from Burlap and Blossoms on Etsy.  I made it as a gift to give the breeder where I got both Belvedere and Josephine from. She is the sweetest lady and loves her dogs so much. I admire the love and care she puts into her dogs. 

 SEPTEMBER 18

Just Let Me Quilt

Inflorescence

Quilting Gail

Quilt Schmilt

Sew Many Yarns

 

SEPTEMBER 19

 

Ms P Designs USA

Karrin's Crazy World

Just Because Quilts

Crazy'boutquilts

Days Filled With Joy

 

SEPTEMBER 20

 

Quilt Doodle Designs (you are here!)

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Beaquilter

Quilted Snail

Domestic Felicity

 

SEPTEMBER 21

 

Moosestash Quilting

Selina Quilts

Words & Stitches

Vroomans Quilts

Scrapdash

~ Josephine ~

It's been so much fun so far to see everyone's furry friends. I hope that you have fun hopping, the complete list is above! 

Happy Quilting!
Cindy & Josephine

14 comments:

  1. oh My! I'm in love with the pictures of your Josephine! She a beauty! And the mini you've created captures that perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josephine is so adorable as is your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a sweet face and a perfect little quilty to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josephine is so cute, and the quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved seeing your stories of Belvedere and now of Josephine. I had a Basset Hound when I was first married. She was a sneaky little thing! What a great gift idea for the breeder...so cute! Thank you for sharing this sweet post, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is adorable, and resembles Josephine a lot. What a great gift for the dog breeder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josephine sounds like she's quite the character!! I love the beautiful gift for the breeder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josephine is a doll! Half billy goat~ LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mini quilt of Josephine is adorable! What a sweet quilting partner you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Josephine is a cutie! Love that quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mini quilt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww so cute! A perfect quilty reproduction of Josephine! xx

    ReplyDelete