Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Sashing Blocks - Feathered Friends BOM 2022

Our Feathered Friends quilt has sashing blocks in between each of the bird blocks. The sashing is a pieced sashing to give the quilt a fun scrappy look. I pulled fabrics that match the birds in the quilt. Using similar colors will pull the quilt together. All of my fabric is from Marcus Fabrics, that's what I have in my stash. The quilt block patterns will be available free until the end of the year.

 So let me show you how I have made the sashing blocks. Go on over to the Website and download the PDF pattern. The links are below towards the end of the posting. Make sure that your email is correct so that the link for the pattern is sent to you. Also, if you don't find it, check your trash or spam folder just in case it ended up in there....
Go on over to the website and download the pattern and print it up.

I went thru my Marcus Fabrics stash and found these fabrics for my scrappy sashing.


Cut 2- 2 1/2" x the WOF (width of fabric) from each of the four different fabrics.


Sew the fabric strips lengthwise using a 1/4" seam. Press. The width of the strip should measure 8 1/2".

Then cut 4 1/2" across the width of the strips to form a 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" rectangle. 

Make 16 sashing units total.

From five different fabrics cut 2 - 2 1/2" x wof strips. Sew the five strips together lengthwise to make a five pieced strip. Press. Make 2.

The width of the strips should measure 10 1/2".

Then cut 4 1/2" across the width of the strips to form a 4 1/2" x 10 1/2" pieced rectangle strips. Cut a total of 15 sashing units.


Announcement!!!!
I have released all of the blocks and sashing directions. Check out the website to download the PDF patterns, they will be free until the end of the year. Stay tuned, I will be releasing the finishing directions by December 7th.

It's an adorable quilt when it is done. The finished size of the quilt is 58" x 65" Each month's pattern is a free PDF instant download. If you miss a month, the patterns are available for $2.50 on my website and also in my Etsy shop.  

If you don't have a printer, you can purchase a PRINTED copy of the pattern

 There's also a Facebook Group, please join and post your progress! It's also fun to see everyone else progress too! Make sure to post your blocks so far! 

 There isn't much left to make for this quilt. I hope that you have enjoyed this year's BOM. I have had a lot of fun putting it together for you. I have a fun quilt planned for 2023!

Happy quilting,
Cindy and Josephine


1 comment:

  1. Paid for block 9 Feathered Friends a couple of days ago, usually the download notice but have not not received the download notice yet. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete