Tuesday, July 26, 2022

UFO Blog Hop ~ My turn!

 

Hi! Thank you for stopping by! I have soo many UFO's that it's hard to focus on any one of them! I am overwhelmed at times that I can't seem to find the time to get to them because I am sidetracked by shining objects.... new fabric.... new ideas... new puppy is putting a huge damper on working on anything at this time. She's fearless and a bit of a counter cruiser, total polar opposite from Belvedere. As I try to cut fabric she's jumping up and grabbing scraps. As I sew, she's rummaging thru my batting scraps. Oh my gosh, to get sewing time in I'm kenneling her up which fills me with guilt! 

If you are like me, you have several projects in the works. To help motivate you to work on your UFO's it helps to turn it into a game. (I got this idea from a guild that I visited.) Fill out the below 'My List of UFO'S sheet, roll a dice each month, that number is the project you will work on next. You can download the UFO PDF from my website.
I store my UFO's in these project bins that I got from Costco. They are fabulous to grab and go when I am packing for a retreat or spending the day sewing at mom's. These bins have helped me stay organized! I'm embarrassed to say some of my UFO's are 10 plus years old.

Another UFO I have can also be considered a way to handle scraps from previous projects. I save all my scraps and I cut them down to 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares and stash them in a bin. I plan on making a postage stamp style quilt with them eventually. I also think it would be fun to make a granny square quilt too. These squares are also would make a cute scrappy cosmetic bag. My bin of scrappy squares is a great way to manage those small pieces of fabric that I hate to throw away. I know I'm in great company and you understand, LOL...


Here is what I consider a 'shiny object'.... brand new fabric bought for a special project.
We are expecting our first grandchild in October, and this is the next pile of fabric I will be working with for a couple of special projects for new baby girl. We are over the moon excited!

I purchased these soft flannels for some receiving blankets for the new little one.
 I was able to get these done!
I made a set of four blankies for our new granddaughter. We can't wait until her arrival in October! These blankets are fun and easy to make. I use 1 and 1/4 yards of two different flannels. I sandwich two coordinating flannels right sides together and then square them up and round the corners. Pin it all together and sew a half inch seam all around leaving a 3" space for turning. Clip the corner curves... then turn right sides out. I like to do a decorative top stitch all around. That it! All done! They are warm and snuggly and wash up well. I even have a little extra flannel to make some burp cloths to match. 

Hope you have fun blog hopping!
Happy Stitching,
Cindy and Josephine

Monday July 25

Just Let Me Quilt

Lianne Makes Stuff

Karrin’s Crazy World

Ms P Designs USA

Time4Stitchn

Scrapdash

 

Tuesday July 26

Creatin' in the Sticks

Quilted Delights

Days Filled With Joy

Kathys Kwilts and More

Food For Thought

 

Wednesday July 27

Stitching Farm Girl

BeaQuilter

SelinaQuilts

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilt Doodle Designs (You are here!)

Quilting Gail

 

Thursday July 28

Patchouli Moon Studio

Quilt Schmilt

Lynns Blog

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Home Sewn by Us

 

Friday July 29

Homespun Hannah's Blog

Inflorescence

Words & Stitches

Just Sew Quilter

MooseStashQuilting


11 comments:

  1. Those blankets are quick and great for a baby. I have made a few before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute UFO tracker! Congrats on the soon to be grand-daughter in October. I have a grandson arriving then too. Your blankets will be well loved for sure. That pink dot fabric looks very familiar. My granddaughter has taken her little blankets and turned them into her doll quilts now. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, FYI: when clicking on the link that was provided for this blog hop, there was nothing about this UFO blog hop, nor a blog link on your website. I had to Google to find your blog in order to see what you posted. So a lot of others might not know how to arrive here at your blog. You should have the blog link on your website. If it was there, I didn't see it. Congrats on your first grandchild arriving and I love those flannel fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the soon to be born granddaughter!. Your blankets are adorable. I too had a hard time finding where your blog, and it took me about, 5 minutes to get to it. I was abo,ut to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being a future grandma...you're going to love it! Those flannel blankets will be well loved. Thanks for sharing your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great it must feel to get those blankets done! They are so useful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Project boxes are such a nice way to store UFOs-maybe too nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandchildren are the best! I have loved watching mine grow to now 6 and 8 years old. They each have 3 quilts: a baby one, one for kindergarten rest time and a big boy bed quilt. So I know you will keep sewing for your granddaughter as well. The fabrics are so dear and I know they will be well used and well loved. I have bins for my UFOs . Slowly, slowly they are getting done. Enjoy both that sweet little girl and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on that Grandbaby and those blankie finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, UFOs are easier to work on if they are nicely organised and easily accessible! Congratulations on the impending arrival of your grand-daughter - vey exciting times.

    ReplyDelete