Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Sunflower Fields


https://www.etsy.com/listing/535477035/sunflower-fields-pdf-quilt-pattern-in-3
When I was a kid, every summer was spent at my Grandma and Grandpa's farm in North Dakota. Back in  70's I remember fields of sunflowers and wheat. It is burned into my memory how golden it was. It was a golden time in my childhood.... lazy mornings waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs, homemade sweet rolls,  4th of July fireworks, family barbecues, kittens, homemade cookies and grandma's apples and banana salad. I can always count on inspiration from my childhood and memories, so I have yet a new pattern, capturing the golden fields of sunflowers and the waves of golden wheat fields. This pattern has been a long time coming. Somehow I stalled out at the editing phase and this project has been in the works for a couple of years. So over the last couple of days, I finished it, sewing on bee wings and doing the final edit on the pattern. I also need to thank my testers! You guys rock and I'm so sorry it took me so long to finish this project.

What I love about this quilt is that you can have fun and make it scrappy. You can work out of your fabric stash or go run to the quilt shop and buy a bunch of fat quarters in both light and dark fabrics. (Light-cream for the background, Dark- the chevron stripes and sunflowers) I made mine using all yellow and gold fabrics, and then a bunch of cream fabrics. This quilt is done in all pinks, or blues or whatever  your favorite color is. Sunflower Fields would also be adorable made scrappy with all sorts of colors. To give it a retro feel, 1930"s fabrics would be fun to work with.


I love embellishing my quilt with these sweet little bumblebees.
The wings are 3D... I love the added touch!

I didn't want to wings to be 'flapping' so I stitched them down using a blind stitch.


I also had fun doing a running stitch using #12 pearl cotton to make the 'flight'
of the bumblebee. I also embroidered the bee antennae using the pearl cotton.

My new design seems to also be Maddie approved.
Yes, silly girl, you look adorable sitting on the quilt...
No, it's not for you.


I wrote this pattern in three sizes... Pattern includes directions to make a
lap (50" x 65"), twin (65" x 75") or double (80" x85") sized quilt.
I hope that you enjoyed my little blog posting today. Give my Sunflower Fields quilt a try. It does go together pretty quickly and would be a great retreat project. I just love making quilts that have that scrappy feel. I also use flannel for the backing to make it extra snuggly.

I'm off to organize my office and studio, it looks like a bomb went off in there since I've gotten back from quilt market. It's so much more fun to make a mess....

Happy quilting,
Cindy

9 comments:

  1. I think I just broke a record on deciding to go buy a pattern. I love this!! Now if only they sold spare time on Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! I will need to grab this one after I get some of these current projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute Cindy. You are one of my favorite designers. I'll be purchasing this as soon as I finish up some other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt! Maddie is pretty darn cute too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Cindy
    Eine wunderschöner Quilt in schönen sonnengelben Farben.
    Herzliche Grüße
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilt, love the sunflowers! A great addition!

    ReplyDelete

  7. thanks for information.
    i like this blog..
    if you wanna to play
    -baccarat - roulette - slots

    goldenslot
    gclub online
    baccarat

    ReplyDelete
  8. ปรับรูปหน้าเรียว
    ฉีดหน้าเรียว ลดริ้วรอย เป็น



    ต้องการ



    หน้าเรียวทำเป็น



    ยังไง



    คนจำนวนไม่น้อย













    อาจจะ







    กำเนิด



    ปัญหา





    นี้
    รวมทั้ง







    การฉีดลดหน้าเรียวด้วยโบท็อกก็เป็นกระบวนการ











    รักษาที่ทำเป็น



    ง่าย โดยไม่ต้องผ่าตัด
    สารารถยนต์



    ช่วยลดลางเลือน



    ริ้วรอยแล้วก็







    ร่องลึกได้ภายในช่วงเวลา







    เร็ว







    ได้ผล



    การดูแลรักษา





    ที่น่าพอใจ



    ละสร้างความเชื่อมั่น










    ให้กับผู้มีปัญหาได้อย่างดีเยี่ยม


    ฉีดหน้าเรียว
    ฉีดหน้าเรียว ปรับรูปหน้า
    ฉีดหน้าเรียว ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete