Monday, June 19, 2017

Let's finish the Dresden Blocks

This month's designs are the last of the Dresden plates. So when you have time, if you haven't done so already, it's time to sew your Dresden plates onto your background 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" squares. You should have a total of twelve Dresden plates done so far for the quilt. Appliqueing the centers goes fairly quickly once you have everything pinned, so plan an afternoon or two for sewing this section of the quilt. I have been using plastic scrapbooking bins to store my blocks, it's just the right size. They are tucked away until I am ready to work on the next section of the quilt.
So let me show you how I appliqued my Dresden plates onto my fabric squares....

I have centered my finished Dresden plate onto my fabric square, remember we want these to be on point.

I am using a small buttonhole stitch that is on my machine. Here is my setting that I am using for length and stitch width. A small zig zag or blind stitch would also work.

Stitching along the edge.....
I want to show you a close up of my stitch... I am using a cream InvisaFil thread so that it doesn't show too much. You can see that it sorta blends in nicely.

I also stitch along the inside edge of my Dresden Plate too... I think it just finishes it off very nicely.

I then give it another good press.

The supply list can be found on my website along with this month's directions. June's directions are only FREE this month, then after that they will be found on my Etsy site for a small fee. You can also find the directions in my Craftsy Shop too. So let's get started....

This is the last set of Dresden plates for this quilt. Next month we will move onto another design element for the quilt. Can't wait to show you!
Patterns can be found on the Quilt Doodle website and on Crafty (Not until the 1st of the month):
Fat Quarter bundles of 16 fat quarters are available in my Etsy store to get you started.
Tag me on Instagram with your photos #quiltdoodledesignsBOM2017 #quiltdoodledesigns @quiltdoodles
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

My favorite picture of grandma and I, taken in front of her flower garden.
I'm off to work on the garden for a little bit. I'm so thrilled that I have a new garden fence and it's deer proof! I actually have bean plants this year instead of 'little sticks' with no leaves!

          Let’s have some quilty fun!
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cindy. These blocks are wonderful! Thanks for the nice stitch tute too :-) Your blocks look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the "Links" are working. I keep getting an "OOPS" Error page on them except for the Craftsy link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This happens to me too. Wait a minute, sometimes it resets itself. If not, hit the refresh button. This usually takes care of it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy, In your post you said we should have 12 Dresden Plates now. Well I only have 10 and I can't find the one with the Strawberry Cake shown in picture #7 above. Did I miss this one? I couldn't find it on your site either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for me to put the pedal to the metal and get my blocks finished.

    ReplyDelete