Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Sweet Leprechaun

St. Patty's day is right around the corner, and I love applique so I came up with a cute little Leprechaun to decorate my kitchen with.  I was surprised as to how quick and easy it was to sew together.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltdoodledesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=20709996
I first appliqued St. Patty on a tea towel...
https://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltdoodledesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=20709996
I gathered some left over green fabric and made a cute ruffle for on the bottom of my towel...
I then used some left over binding and used it to trim off the ruffle and make a tie at the top of the towel, (it's sorta ruffles too) I tied it to my fridge...
https://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltdoodledesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=20709996
I like it tied to the handle of my microwave, it's such a festive
addition to my kitchen. Isn't it so cute!
I do like to decorate a little bit for St. Patty's day even though I'm not even a little bit Irish. But I think on St. Patty's day everyone can celebrate and wear a little bit of green and exclaim,
'Kiss me, I'm Irish!'

Happy Quilting,
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Love it and I never think to put a towel on my microwave. Thanks for the ideas Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, did you make a pattern for that? I'm not seeing a link, and I'd love to make one, too! I'm going to be looking for a green stripe towel, because I think that looks great. dezertsuz at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its St. Patricks Day NOT ST PATTYS DAY.........

    ReplyDelete