Saturday, August 15, 2015

Declaration Of War

I'm back from quilt retreat and I had some productive sewing time to work on my Civil War Diary Quilt and also on my Dear Jane quilt. I took pictures so that I can blog about my progress so far. I just love sharing with you my blocks so far, it helps to keep me motivated so this isn't a UFO forever! I have moved onto the chapter in Rosemary's book about Rebecca Loraine Richmond.

I found this write-up about Rebecca on Findagrave.com.... " Rebecca Richmond was the cousin of Elizabeth Bacon Custer, wife of General George Armstong Custer. During the Civil War, Rebecca made several trips to Washington DC to visit Libbie Custer. On one visit Libbie took her to the White House, where she was introduced to President Lincoln. Rebecca lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan her entire life and never married. She died of pneumonia at the Browning Hotel on Sheldon Street at the age of 84." The block I'm showing you today is called, "Declaration of War". It represents Rebecca's diary entry dated April 14, 1861, the date when the telegraph arrived announcing when the guns of rebellion were fired in Charleston.
'Declaration Of War'
April 14, 1861
Have a wonderful week!  Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'The Nobel Third' out of Rosemary's book next. Hope that you have a great weekend! August is just flying by! Soon it will be State Fair time and then back to school. Take some time to enjoy the remaining summer days, I know I will be!

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment