Monday, June 29, 2015

Celebrating Red, White and Blue!

I designed this for a blog hop a few years ago and it's still one of my favorite summertime designs!  It's called 'Flip Flops'.  When I think of summer and the month of July, I think of flip flops. Brings great memories of sand between my toes, lemonade,  fun in the sun and water while waiting for the evenings fireworks. I love flip flops! So why not make something fun with a flippitty floppy design. You can either place this design on a 10 1/2" or 12 1/2" block, or on a tea towel.  Let your imagination go! Wouldn't this be cute on an apron or  a 10 minute table runner...
To get a copy of the pattern for Free! visit my Craftsy shop.  It's a free instant download.  You can also find a copy HERE. A copy can also be found on my website too.
Here are the fabrics I choose to do my pattern....
Trace the pieces onto the heat n bond....
Iron onto the heat n bond pieces onto the wrong side of the fabric....
Cut your pieces out!

Peel off the paper backing... and lay onto your fabric following the pattern layout.

You can do just one 'Flip Flop' if you would like....
or two like the pattern shows!
I put one set of  'Flip Flops' on a 10 1/2" cream fabric square
 and on a red striped tea towel...
Sew around the edge using a blanket stitch...
Time to decorate your flip flops.... you could leave them plain with just the stars, 
or embellish with buttons...
I love yo-yos... so I embellished mine with yo-yos and buttons!
'Flip Flops' on a 10 1/2" cream fabric square.  I built around the square with 2 1/2" red strips and 4" blue stripe strips to make a quick and easy table runner!
I got this project done in an afternoon.  It was fun to do!  I now have a cute tea towel and table runner for on my patio table to celebrate summer, or the 4th of July!  Enjoy!

Another fun design for the 4th of July is my 'Flag That I Love' applique.
It's also a great tea towel design and can embellish any project that you
think up... Let's celebrate the 4th of July!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! I love the flip flops, but the flag is great to.

    ReplyDelete