Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Longest Morning

 The block I'm showing you today is called 'The Longest Morning'. In this passage Emma writes in her diary

"...It is now about eleven o'clock, and the longest morning I ever lived through. I threw myself on the bed late last night, or rather early this morning, without undressing, feeling if I did not take some rest I would be sick. I lay awake a long time in spite of heavy eyelids, listening to the occasional cannon reports..."


Emma Florence LeConte Furman


The fabrics I picked out for this block.

The Longest Morning
February 17, 1864
Have a wonderful weekend! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'Degradation' out of Rosemary's book next. Hope that you have a great weekend! A little over a week until International Quilt Market.... the next couple of weeks will be a whirlwind. I'm looking forward to telling you all about it!

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment