Saturday, May 23, 2015

Poor Columbia


 The block I'm showing you today is called 'Poor Columbia'. This block uses dark fabrics except for the white fabric that sets off the 'arrows'. Again I am choosing fabric that is similar to what the author used in her book. This is another of my favorite blocks.
Here are the pictures I choose to use for this block. But I
also threw in a third dark fabric and used it so that the square in
a square block stood out a little more.
Poor Columbia
February 19, 1864
Have a wonderful week! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'Churches Spared' out of Rosemary's book next. Hope that you have a great weekend! Shhhh it's my birthday weekend, I hoping to get around to spending some time quilting, and eating some cake...

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment