Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bombardment


As you can see, I'm still plugging along on my Civil War Diary quilt. I've been working on this project for years! I read Rosemary's book years ago and fell in love with the quilt but then again I love history. I love quilting and when both are combined, awesome! The block I'm showing you today is called 'Bombardment'. I have been keeping the color scheme somewhat similar to what Rosemary did in her book. I like the pink fabric I had in my Civil War Stash.

Here is the fabrics I picked out...  
I've been cutting my pieces down to easier to manage
triangles for my paper piecing. I also write the colors on
my foundation paper to make it easier while sewing so I don't
put the wrong fabric in a section.
'Bombardment'
February 16, 1864

Have a wonderful week! Remember to post your progress on the Civil War Diary Quilt Group on Flickr.

I will be working on 'The Longest Morning' out of Rosemary's book next. Hope that you have a great! I'm hoping to find some time to quilt, but I have been super busy getting ready for Market.

Happy quilting and perfect stitches to you!
Check out Rosemary's website.  Her books and Cd's can be ordered there too!



4 comments:

  1. What a major project, but so worth all your efforts. That's a beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made maybe a dozen blocks and have not gone back to it in a long time. I think maybe I should change the color scheme and I would have more interest in making the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, It's a beautiful block. I love the pink, too. I'm glad you took a little time for your personal enjoyment along with the enjoyment and the pressure of getting ready for market. I pray you have a very, very successful market. I know you have been working immensely hard preparing for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete