Sunday, June 29, 2014

Spreading My Love....

I love spreading my love of quilting to others. I just love it, in my mind I would love to have a wonderful little quilt group that gathers and makes quilts and drinks sweet tea. Sorta like in the movie How to Make an American Quilt.  (Based on the novel by Whitney Otto) This week I get to spread my love of quilting onto two of my friends, Kathy and Kelly. I have been gathering some beginner five yard quilt patterns to share with them. I think a five yard quilt is a good starting point. They both want to jump in with both feet (or hands) and make a quilt. Kelly has a machine, Kathy doesn't have a 'working' machine. Kelly has sewing experience, I'm not sure if Kathy does... I have been trying to plan and anticipate everything, I got an extra machine from mom, I've gathered my cutting boards and extra rotary cutters, plan on setting my upstairs up as if for quilt retreat with tables for sewing stations, ironing board, gotta have some sweet and salty snacks. I've pulled out my 'beginning quilting' books to share. I've given them a supply list. I hope that they fall in love with quilting, I would love to add some more friends to my someday quilt group that gathers together to laugh and sew. 

But then while thinking about this, I have so many wonderful ladies that I gather and sew with. My Minnesota quilt retreat buddies, my mom, sisters, (sometime nieces) my friends that pop in and out of my house to work on projects and all of my online friends. I am very blessed as I sit here and drink my sweet tea. I am thrilled to be adding some more quilting buddies to my group, I hope they have fun and enjoy quilting. I am looking forward to seeing what they make!

Happy Quilting,

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweetie you are. How's Wilson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! That is wonderful!!!! I wish I was closer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, I helped my friend Jayne on Friday to start quilting and it was great fun, if tiring! How fun on your little Retreat. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how the newbies do with your help, Cindy! Thanks for this post -- I will have to hunt up some interested would-be quilters too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like so much fun! I don't have anyone in my new town that shares my love of quilting.

    ReplyDelete