Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quilt Shop Hop ~ I'd Rather Bee Quilting

Yesterday was the perfect start to summer vacation.... a quilt shop hop with my mom and sister! I can't think of a better way to start out my summer than to spend the day with two of my favorite people. Throw in chocolate, a couple quilt swag bags and a nice man to do all the driving and it was perfection! I will even forgive  mother nature for all of the rain. At least I didn't have a bit of guilt ignoring my gardens or home for the day. It was a perfect day for shop hopping. Let me share my pictures with you! (I have a ton of pictures so I'll have to break it down to a few postings....)

Here's my few from where I sat on the bus, I love when a man does all the driving!

And this fellow brought us all to his home for breakfast! His wife was such a gracious host!

Back on the bus, it's time to hit the first shop!

I'd Rather Bee Quilting in Lake City Minnesota.
The window displays were wonderful!

Loved the quilts that were on display in the windows!

This masterpiece was on the wall.... so beautiful.

Aren't these beautiful!


I found the most adorable little baby bootie pattern, along with  the fabric for the soles.
I also found a fat quarter I couldn't resist!


Thank you! I'd Rather Bee Quilting for the sway bag! What a wonderful surprise!
If you have a chance.... stop on by I'd Rather Bee Quilting in Lake City Minnesota. I hope that you enjoy my first set of pictures from Shop Hop... I have tons more to share! I'm off to do some more fabric shopping, fabric for my dining room valance and chairs... have a great day!!!

Happy quilting,

4 comments:

  1. So Jealous of a bus to do a shop hop. We always have to drive and sometimes we take the scenic view when we miss turns or exits. Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day of visiting with your family, AND shopping in quilt shops! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. It's been a few years since I was on one with my friends. It was probably one of the most fun things we ever did. Here in Colorado, we seldom get quilt shop bus trips. :-(
    Wish I was with you !

    ReplyDelete