Friday, January 27, 2012

Quick & Easy Red Velvet Angel Food Cake


Happy Birthday!!!
 So Wednesday morning at 4.... yes 4:00 I had this great idea!  You see it's my oldest son's birthday and I wanted to make him a Red Velvet Angel Food Cake for his birthday dinner but....  was wishing for a quick and easy mix instead of using my whip up 16 egg whites recipe.... So this is what I did.... my 4 in the morning fabulous idea!

Easy Red Velvet Angel Food Cake
from Cindy

1 box Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix (The simply add water mix)
1/3 cup cocoa
1 oz red food coloring

Mix the Angel Food Cake Mix with the cocoa, put food coloring in 2 cup measuring cup then add water to measure 1 1/4 cups, add to cake mix and mix on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour into ungreased angel food tube pan.  Bake at 350 for 37-47 minutes, until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky.  Turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool.  Run knife around edges; remove from pan.  Voila!  Red Velvet Angel Food Cake!  Yummy!  Add some birthday candles and serve with cool whip...

No comments:

Post a Comment