Monday, March 7, 2011

Bonneville Quilt

I have loved this quilt since my dear friend Kim started it at quilt retreat last September.  The pattern is from the Summer 2010 issue  of 'Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, Easy Quilt' magazine.  Kim bought the kit and the fabrics are beautiful!  She quietly worked on it during retreat and then she stopped working on it and packed it away to my dismay!    Well, I was thrilled when she brought it over a couple of weeks ago for me to quilt.  So yesterday I had a quilting marathon and got it done.  Love it!  I followed the quilting suggestion from the magazine and quilted long lazy curved squiggles up and down the quilt.  I think this is her first full sized quilt.  It's beautiful and I think she should keep it for herself, but, I think it's a gift... what a wonderful gift!
I'm sure Wilson is admiring Kim's quilt.  I love the colors.
Wilson sneaking in the picture....
"OK Wilson, get in the picture and sit pretty"...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Cindy! Thanks for telling me about it! It is similar to one that I would like to try. I will show you at work tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Wilson is just like my dog, as soon as I get my camera out to take a picture of a quilt, she sits right in the middle of it. You did such a beautiful job quilting, it must be hard to part with something after you work on it like that:)

    ReplyDelete