Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday night...

So last night was the Friday Night Sew-In with Heidi... I fed my family a quick frozen pizza and started to make my way downstairs when I realized... "OMG Christmas is next week..... this is my last weekend to finish dad's afghan!"  So I worked on dad's knitted afghan and got it done and then finished up a bunch of really cute snowmen for my nieces and nephews. I got the idea from  Beehive Cottage.  They turned out so adorable!  I made a ton of them... I never got to my poor sewing machine.  I'm off now to wrap presents like a crazy person.  Much to do, little time...



Textured Treasure Afghan
Pattern from Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts

Size: 34" x 51"
Supplies & stuff
  • 6 balls Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick (I used 10)
  • Lion Brand Speed Stix
  • stitch markers
  • Large-eyed blunt needle
Directions:
With 2 strands of yarn held together, cast on 40 stitches.
Knit 4 rows
Row 1:  Knit 4, place marker, purl 8, place marker*(knit 1, purl 1, knit 1) all into next st, purl 3 together; repeat from * to last 12 sts, place marker, purl 8, place marker, knit 4.
Row 2 and 4:  Knit 12, purl 16, knit 12.
Row 3:  Knit 4, purl 8, *purl 3 together, (knit 1, purl 1, knit 1) all into next stitch; repeat from* to last 12 sts, purl 8, knit 4.
Repeat Rows 1-4 for total of 68 rows, end with a Row 4.  Knit 3 rows, Bind off.  Weave in ends.
Dad's Afghan...

No comments:

Post a Comment